Wednesday, August 27, 2003

"With the loss of belief in 'God', man's life is regarded as purposeless and meaningless."

huh... I do not quite get it... you mean without God, then i am without a purpose or a meaning in life? Is that what you are trying to say? But then, I have a life which has many purposes. I aim to study well, get a nice job, take my salary and have a good life. I want to make people happy. I want to let them know the true meaning of life. I want to end all sufferings on earth. Aren't those purposes or meanings in life? Of course must add in the parts about being good, honest, open-minded, serious, generous, fillial, trustworthy, helpful and blah blah blah... i know all these... but is it that without God, i will not know what are these good points or that i wont possess them or that i will not be able to fulfil what i want to? By the way, i am a free thinker and i do not hate or go against God. It is just that i need clarification i guess.

But i think the arrogant side of me has gotten inside when i re-read the statement above. I mean... ok la... it is so insulting and degrading for me if it is to say that my life is purposeless and meaningless.

Erm... if i do not believe in God, am i going against or hating him?

I have so many purposes in life... so many aims... and so are you saying that it is God who, without any of my knowledge or notice, influences what i am thinking and makes me have these purposes in life?

If... that is a yes... then i will choose to believe rather in myself.

If the answer is a no... then may i ask for the validity of the statement above please... thank you...

(The above version is a very mild one... i guess i am really in search of clarification...i do not want to "bang bang bang" then "no... i still do not think so...")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home