Thursday, October 06, 2005

I was thinking of writing something like this yesterday but it somehow slipped my mind... but thanks to jas =p her entry kind of reminded me...

I really wonder where my parents get their money from.


They must have slogged and worked and worked and slogged really hard. Like how the hell do they buy stuff?

The day before, i was telling Zico and Ivan must save money because they are thinking of going for a good meal after getting the pay. The conversation went something like this...

Z: ... or can go to that restaurant, buffet and the it's cheap(i was thinking even if say cheap, how cheap can it get? i still need to work money out)
I: So how want to join us?
Me: Erm... mai lar... must save money...
Z & I: Save what money... don't bui steady leh...
Me: Well... see... next time need to buy house, need lots of money... buy car... needs lot of money... plus further education... and also getting married needs money... kids also need money... and if you are going to start a business, you need capital also man..
Z & I: .......

I was really being very honest. I don't know how to earn that much of money sia. Maybe each month 5K then there won't be much problem. But then how many parents now bring home 10K a month?

Or ... maybe you can say i am the only son so my parents will have money for me... or maybe i might strike lottery(when i haven't bought a single 4D or Toto before)... or maybe i might rob the bank and not get caught...

But i think maybe my expectations are too high... maybe living in a HDB will do... maybe a 2nd hand car will do... maybe don't need gold taps... bronze ones will do... but will definitely keep my bed because baby likes it...

Surviving on 660 bucks a month is a challenge already... i've already seen my balance stagnant/decreasing for the last one year...

Kind of feel like... i am growing up too fast. 16 was still a kid. 18 just ended college. 20 suddenly becomes adult.
How old are you having a career? How old are you getting married? How old would you be when you have your first kid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home