Saturday, June 23, 2007


I googled and wiki-ed on Lost. Seriously if you have the time, and you've watched the show but only thought it as a show, go look up on it.

The results and information i got were immense. And not only that.

It led me to a whole new aspect of genre i've never heard of until now.

And for me, who is very interested in stuff like this, finds these things very very fascinating.

All the games i've played are... well... just games. Controllers. Fingers. Eyes. Mind.
And the shows are just shows. You watch and when it ends it ends. You just don't think so much about it.

Well okay. Lost is a show. But it's a show that's tied in with an Alternate Reality Game.

And the bad thing is, i don't know what's real and what's not.

I get stuff like Valenzetti's Equation, Hanso Foundation, DHARMA Initiative, Lost Experience, Gary Troup and his book Bad Twin, Rachel Blake, and Lost. And all this freaking link up to this whole big damn plot.

They are basically using what happened in the real world and linking that up with the fictional plot in the series. And it's really awesome.

Hard to explain, but the power of media technology is thoroughly exhibited.

I've just been scratching my head all night long doing my best to figure out how this whole thing works. Till now i don't know what's fiction or not.

I suppose mostly are fiction... BUT THEY FREAKING MAKE THEM SO REAL. Rah.

Hah.. sorry for the incoherent post. Enlighten me if you please. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home