Thursday, September 10, 2009

I want to write this down when i still have some memories have him. I wasn't really that close to him, but he was part of us ... part of this special group that i had lots of fond memories with.

To say the truth, i kind of guessed it was him when i got that sms. But i refuse to accept the truth and had to probe more. Up till now, i still wish Zico is pulling my leg.

You can say this is an eulogy, but i just wish to say something for someone ... someone that i can choose to say i've taken for granted for all the times he had helped me, for all the times he had obliged with my decisions and tasks. I guess we didn't click because of the rank thing, or perhaps he was my 2IC, or perhaps his interests and mine didn't match ...

But i know he wanted to. He talked to me about his life and love, and i did what i could, even though i do admit it was weird. Or rather, i somehow felt that the things i said didn't matter much. He was always there with the group ... Zico, me, Ivan, Andrew, Albert, Alvin, Lova, Martin .. and him. He was always covering up my loose ends with all the administrative stuff, and i know that even though one of his arms is shorter, his basketball would win me any day. He was always passionate about diving, and food. And i would remember him with his Sony Ericsson phone that has lots of games. Even though he doesn't play chinese chess or soccer with us, I remember the daiti and the risk times.

He was the one doing up our job when i took those long-term leaves, and the one always making Staff See and Warrant Mogan happy. Always cheerful. I remember him always asking me "Why so angsty?". And i didn't know the meaning back then. But ever since, i've been using HIS question quite often when i meet frustrated people.

I didn't think this would happen so soon in my life. But to feel it now, it's really saddening. He has got his dreams too ... why him? I heard he was training for a triathalon when it happened. I wish he wasn't in too much pain.

For all he had done and for all he was, God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home