Monday, July 05, 2010

It's like the demise of a good friend.



You see, my iPhone died.

I like to think of it as a sign. Because i brought it into camp today and i was a happy boy for the whole day because it is so easy to use, people can hear me clearly when they call me, and i can play with it while rotting my time away. But the thing is, i wasn't supposed to do that. So perhaps it died to save me from possibly bigger consequences. Or maybe because the iPhone 4 is coming to Singapore, and so it's just a surefire way for me to purchase it.

But honestly, i feel really really really sad. However some financial facts about it first. This phone has cost me plenty of money, not including the monthly bills and the purchasing price of it, it caused me to get into my first major accident the day after i bought it. Repairs costs and compensation amounted to 2k. And now, a perfectly working phone went from functional mode to exhibition mode ... with repairs costs estimated at $350SGD. Oh yay. But don't worry, I ain't gonna spend the few hundred on repairs when i can use it for the iPhone 4.

Thing is, it just happened so suddenly. I was getting out of the car with all the barung barungs and because i was carrying so many things, my phone which i stupidly didn't put inside my pocket slipped out of my hand and onto the tarmac ground. I picked it up and on the outside it seemed fine. No cracks or dents and i was pretty happy it was just a minor scratch on the screen protector. I pressed the home button and voila! ... the white screen of death greeted me. =(

I was cursing and swearing and i was thinking why the hell did i not get a thicker all round front and back handphone protector cover casing whatever you call that. Rarh.

And to think i just downloaded new apps last night before i slept. And all the messages and photos. Thing is i haven't used my mac laptop for quite sometime so i haven't synced for really long. Yet come to think of it now, it's only the screen that's spoilt so technically, if i am to plug it into a comp, i would still be able to sync it.

Ah well. I think i have been hit too many times by attachment issues that each time, it gets less painful.

Either way, will use another phone for now. Get the new iphone when it's out. Resync by old phone to the laptop. Update the new phone. Be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home