Saturday, September 13, 2003

Streats, section of Adam About Town.

I swear this is one of the best article i read around. Cruel yet true and yet threatens to include a bit of soul-searching element and the activation of guilt in readers... haha... anyway... it's about staying off your best pals' girls... aka the girls that are or used to be involved in a r/s with the guys whom you screw asses with... no pun intended...

Adam talks about "not even getting involved with his best friend's ex even if they are both stranded on a deserted island..." Whoa hoo... me salute you manz... haha... as what his colleagues called him..."You're full of macho sh*t."

Some logic he gave for not dating the lady that used to dangle on the arms of his best friend:
- Best friends should share everything except their women
- It will hurt their friendship
- There are many fish in the ocean, so why settle for one that had previously fallen for your friend hook, line and sinker?
- I've got CLASS

Actually i was thinking last time in cathigh... all the talk about zharboh heng mafan... and what if it comes to the day when we have to choose between friends or girl... i think both are equally as important... so got to be rational loh... but still come down to the point on why spoil a friendship because of a girl right?? But i think we are still young... slowly the female companionship factor will take over... unless you are one who don't mind being a bachelor or something and just need to rely on your friends for company... then ya...

"Some of you may have dated your best friend's ex, of course. But i'm sure, in the long run, it affected your friendship with your buddy. And the unadulterated trust that once existed between the two of you would have found its way into the trash can. No one would blame him if he subsequently refused to introduce his current other half to that sneaky son-of-a-gun(i.e. you)(anyway just to make a point here... if my friend does that to me... then he just isn't my friend la... either way you want to think it...)

"I would be deeply embarassed if, behind my back, my friends remarked: "Hey, didn't that girl used to be with this best friend?"

(I love this)"Admittedly, not wanting to have second-hand goods has something to do with my male ego, too. And that icky feeling that my buddy has been-there-and-done-that with his ex, if you know what i mean."

"But should he(my best friend) succumb to the temptation, i wouldnt blame my lady friend. I would blame only myself for having bums as friends. And learn to pick them more carefully in future."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home