Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Selecting modules and deciding what to study, where to place my lessons so that i can have a 3 day week and all the minute details about uni stuff i driving me a little nuts.
Today i was still thinking of whether to take Geog or Econs. Well... Geog's not going to be too tough on me, at least that's what i feel now. I've always got this interest for Geog and i think i will be able to do well. If it's going to help me in my overall grade, then why not?
Well, the problem is that taking Econs will definitely be more useful. Who knows, i might need to take some Econs-related modules to boost my prospect of doing HR as a psych major.
Then like i was clearing up quite a few stuff with Alison. Thanks girl~!! But then Cheryl confused me with the Breadths and GEMs. Aren't they the same thing? Haha... and that she said if i want to take a level 2 psych module, which will be Stats 1 apparently, i should do the Stats introductory as a breadth first.

Sometimes i find myself very contradicting. Like i want to do level 2 psych in my first sem, but i am afraid i can't cope. Yet, there have been so many people who have done that before. My lack of confidence in Maths is another factor because it's going to be Stats. But then how hard can Stats be? I mean if i put in effort, i should be able to handle it right? Kind of bullshit because if i put in lots of effort, i can handle everything.
Maybe my confidence for my studies is a bit low now. I am even scared of failing QET. Like everyone's telling me my english is ok one and can make it one, but then somehow there's this fear.

And seriously, i really really want a 3 day week. I don't want to be driving to school 4 times a week. Do you know how far school is? Especially now when i've got this "save money" mentality. Hmmm... maybe after so long, i should put down the steering wheel and start taking the bus. But old "convenience" die hard la...

Anyway, yesterday we went to Terence's house. Spent the whole afternoon doing the wrong stuff... haha but actually i wasn't doing much cos i was playing winning eleven on his PS. Small "problem" occurred cos Kenneth, Jialin and Manyun want to try to take similar modules so that we can attend lessons together. Then Tzeyeong said we cannot like this cos like that then we will tend to qian jiu each other and might tend to take stuff we are less interested in. Actually it's not qian jiu... cos we are going to major in different stuff, but then as the first sem, basically every freshies will need to take exposure units and there are only so many there. Popular ones like Psy and Soci can take together mah... (but don't know why Kenneth doesn't want Psy)... and SS is confirmed must do one... and we aren't going to take Malay or Jap studies or South Asian studies so only left with SEA studies...

But well... because of the small differences like they are taking CNM and i am not, there tend to be differences in time table and because of that, if i go along with that instead of being selfish, i will be likely to end up with a 4 day week and probably 1 of the day having only a 2 hour lecture.

I think as long as have maybe 1 or 2 lessons together jiu ke yi le... like honestly i feel the friendship is nicely established already... We all have our dreams and ideas... and blah blah blah...

=p

Enough of ramblings. Zouk later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home