Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It’s at weird times like these when I think of funny stuff. I was just snuggling up in bed ready to go to sleep when I started missing camp. And by this I mean army camp. Having ORDed for nearly 6 months… I think it’s time I miss army. =)

I’ve always remembered my first reactions when I got to Seletar Camp. I was like… shit man this place is even older than BMTC. I don’t remember seeing such old hangars anywhere anymore… and seriously, I didn’t quite like the idea of spending the rest of my army term there. And there were the nasty sergeants instructors there, who barked at us and the dreadful ‘ritual’ of first night when we were all tekan jialat jialat.

“EVERYTHING IN!!! EVERYTHING OUT!!! EVERYTHING IN!!! EVERYTHING OUT!!!”

I was practically cursing the whole night and lamenting and scolding all of them and their mothers and who knows what…

And I was thinking the entrance of the camp is damn far away… and somemore I don’t know how to get there… so shitty…

But honestly, I am missing everything of it now. I’ve grown to love the camp. It had became a 2nd home to me… like what I learnt in geog… a sense of place has developed. The smell. The feeling. The outlook. They are all familiar.

I would never forget the night when we all went on the assault boats. I miss the smell of the sea. I miss the old rusty smell of hangar 15. I miss training with the cadets. I miss all the upstaking. Never mind the pain and torture we had to endure at 2am in the morning. At the end of the day, just like what Warrant Tan always said… “you jing wu xian, you dao wu dian” (got shocks no danger, it’s 5pm once again) =p We all just look forward to some sleep in our sponge(literally) mattress. And to think that I get to stay out after my posting to Armceg, I miss sleeping in those beds which gave us backaches in the morning.

I miss getting back to the bunk with soaked boots and socks and feet all wrinkled up.

And guess what… suddenly I am missing Zico. Haha… but somehow I know I will always remember him. Even though we haven’t talked for ages… I know that if we meet on the street… he will confirm say “CCB!! Haven’t die yet ar…” I miss the BSS days sia… taking the long walk to office… passing by hangar 15 and thinking about the good old days and feeling a tinge of sadness that my batch was the last batch to go through C & A.

Missing cycling past the slipway… smelling the sea(again) and eating at Ah Ho. Having all the games in the morning. Playing street soccer with Ivan, Andrew, Albert, Lova, JC. Playing crazy bball(cos I ain’t good) with Gary… shit man I miss Gary. Hey dude you better take care of yourself over at Taiwan… when you come back in a year time I will treat you to the 18 packets of milo ping I owed you. =p And I promise I will win them all back.

I miss the office times. The dai di. The risk. The Chinese chess. The hangar soccer. The sleeping. Honestly it nuts. We did so many memorable things. Burning of grass. Zico’s hair kena fire. Plucking rambutan and mangosteen(you must know that my office is like a kampong). Having wasabi wars. Washing the trailers. Greasing them. Getting all dirty. Getting all kancheong when a car drives in. Getting lectured by Gary when we all played too much. Getting kan by Mogan.

Oh… and driving the forklift around… =)

Oh well… it’s pretty good to think back on stuff like this and to appreciate all that has happened. Somehow it makes me treasure the guys more. The main group of us, not counting the new specs, only left Albert. He ord-ing soon… unless he dio DB(choi!)… wonder how the rest of them are doing… though I see Ivan every once in awhile in school…

I guess all the tension and stress from the upcoming exams are reasons for this sudden emotional outburst…

Ahhh … recollections …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home