Monday, April 27, 2009

I am still astounded by the various concepts and ideas of time travel.


The conversation between Hurley and Miles was classic, drawing both flak and positive discussions from a lot of the public on the forums.

If we had gone back in time to 1974 and altered something, such as destroy the time machine, which indirectly meant that we couldn't possibly go back in time anymore in 2009, would we in the 1974 selves disappear? And where do we go from there?

If I had gone back to 1990 and met the young you, would you recognise me when we meet in say 1997 in our supposedly first meeting?

If I had gone back to 1987 and got killed off there, in accordance to the butterfly effect, you would not have met me at all. So does that mean the present you have no memories of me at all? What does this mean? How can you suddenly wake up one day and all the memories of the past is altered?

OR is everything one whole big loop? Whatever happened, happened? Like ... it is destined for me to go back in time when the right time comes?

And are there alternate timelines? If i go back to 1978, does 2009 still run on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home