Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am not going to be particularly proud to write this down, but i wish to remember this semester for how 'distracted' i was.

Starting out this semester with a new desktop and a not-yet-employed Kelvin means that there were many hours of dota. And having a Windows OS means the reappearance of computer games into my life. Spent plenty of hours on COD4 and discovering HON was one of the highlights. I still remember saying i would use my laptop quite often for sch work and other stuff, and the desktop only for games. Well ... it ended up with me spending 95% of the time on the desktop, which eventually became my tool for school work, research, entertainment and leisure. And i guess i don't have to mention the ps3 which brought me through hours of gameplay for Batman Arkham which i think sucks, Winning Eleven and now Fifa 10.

These few months were peppered with poker sessions with the guys, with me taking an increased interest in the detailed aspects of the game. Was often analyzing plays and strategies, watching WSOP, thinking about how hands could be played differently. The live games get me more excited than anything. Playing with strangers, seeing how friends develop and change their game, being accused of being too serious in the game, and winning and losing some were frequent happenings throughout these months.

Other than these, for the first time in my schooling life, I went to HK and had so much fun during sch days. I also did the PRC camp which brought many insights to me. On top of all these, I was busily involved in a new business with friends, having meetings and being the logistic man.

Of course there were other aspects such as the 'lost belief' that hardwork doesn't equate results in school anymore, and that being year 4 means you are older and 'wiser', so you know what you can get away with. Also, being in the final year means a less kancheong attitude towards projects because you believe that you have almost seen it all. Another factor is that school is coming to an end, which translates to the end of a schooling life and the start of a neverending working life.

Ah well. All these are great fun and experience, and I am more than glad to have these memories. I just wish the exams don't prove me wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home