Thursday, August 30, 2007

I came home all tired, but smiling. The day wasn't as bad as i said earlier. 8 hours of classes are the longest i've ever had in a day. And it wasn't easy when i didn't sleep well the previous night. I was falling asleep practically in the lectures.

I had a 7-9pm class and i was kind of having a negative mood about it. Who the hell holds a tutorial at such unearthly hours? But boy am i glad i went for it.

It was at SDE and me having missed 15 mins of my PF2201 tutorial because i wasn't orientated to the place, made me even more apprehensive about where it would be. But i roughly know it should be at the 3rd storey where all the tutorial rooms were at. Somehow at the back of my mind, i knew i copied down SR14 for the venue.

Anyway i reached the rows of rooms and i walked down until a lighted and crowded one, took a peek at the timetable and module code on the door and every single student who saw that would believe that is the class too.

So I walked in and sat down, expecting nothing but to stone through another 2 hour class. Hell no, first thing i know was, "Pssst, the guy in the striped shirt.. what's your name?"

I turned around and there were this guy, Adriel, 2 girls, Cindy and Celina, and they apparently were on the quest to know everyone in the class. I was somewhat amused by their behaviour, but something inside me perked up. I like friendly people, and this people exude a lot of positive feelings. Constantly hyped up, constantly curious... and even though it was a short 1 hour, i seriously feel happy and energized suddenly.

I knew we were supposed to have "icebreakers" in the first tutorial and since the tutor wasn't around, i was talking to the people around me. And i was truly surprised by how friendly they were.

Maybe it's them being 3 weeks old. No longer freshies. Oh by the way they are all first years. PFM majors. Me, 2nd year Arts student. The moment they hear that, i was kind of under "attack". Haha enemy in the wrong territory. =p But honestly, i enjoyed their energy and spirit.

Maybe i didn't feel much of that from the freshies in my faculty. Maybe i had a lonely and tiring day, too many familiar faces, too little things to say. Maybe a side of me just crave for some kind of companionship when i attend my lectures in SDE.

They asked me all the sorts of question... and it made me reflect on why i had chosen to minor in PFM. From time to time, we were all wondering what happened to our tutor. Did he mistook this week as even week? Was he stuck in a traffic jam? Was he still eating his prata?

There were 20 of us waiting for him in the class, and Adriel called him a few times, but he cut the calls or didn't pick up. So we were kind of chilling inside and outside the class. Found out that most of them had classes since 8am ...

And one thing that struck me was that they were not that ... sian? They weren't complaining and they took their sucky timetable all in their stride.

I know how Arts students will react. Because i reacted like that, i never had a class earlier than 10 until this sem. I never end later than 6pm until this sem. I think the Arts freshies are to know that they've got classes that start at 8am or end at 9pm, they will complain and complain.

This girl, Cordelia, who was sitting next to me stays at Pasir Ris. And i feel that YCK is far enough.

Well... maybe i don't know them well enough. Maybe they had complained enough. But when i was sending a couple of them home just now, the impression i got was that they are used to the long tiring days.

Anyway back to the tutor, in the end at 8pm, we found out that he was indeed at SR14 with 6 students and WE, 20 of us were all in the wrong room. Hah.

Imagine how he would had felt before we appeared. 6 out of 26 students turned up for his tutorial!

Had class and it ended at 930pm!! Zzzzz...

But i am glad i met that bunch of people ... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home