Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am taking Sociology this semester and indeed, it has made me rethink the ways to think about things.

And so we were on the topic of Crime and Deviance. If you do not conform to what the majority is doing, society will deem you a misfit. It becomes inevitable you become subjected to judgements which ironically, are all based, said and decided by Man himself.

Anyway, there is an interesting section in Straits Times Life today about the portrayal of Ah Bengs in movies. And the terms conformity and social norms came to my mind.

Freshies have called me an Ah Beng. Haha and i've no idea where they got it from.
I don't particularly like people judging me by my outlook. I guess that is why the non-conformist me likes to wear tshirts with suggestive words on them. =p So perhaps in this way, they can judge all they want and i still don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home