Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I've came to accept the fact that my command of English is as bad as how my GP grade was, average to say the least. I was at Harrison's blog a couple of nights back and i was awed by his vast usage of vocabulary. It seems as though words flow to him like water and the ease of expressing himself is like turning over a page.

Firstly, i don't have the well of vocabulary to even sound cheem, not to mention broken English and terrible spelling mistakes. I guess it must all be cultivated from young.

Jialat la... English cannot make it, failed Higher Chinese. I think i will sign up for Bahasa Indonesia next semester.

Haha... funnily enough, i remember telling some people why i would never consider taking a new language.

So, I attended a very sleepy 9am lecture today. TRIED my best to stay awake but succumbed to the overwhelming amount of melatonin(hah kidding i know my bio), but yeah to the zzz monster. Took plenty of shut-eyes despite attempting to listen to Prof Low, who wasn't really interesting.

Went for my final two RPs today, and boy am i glad to complete all twelve points on the 5th week. The 2nd adminstrator was taking a lot of time and MANY thanks to Many for waiting for me with my orange soursop. =x
Another of those "emo" times were brought up about 2 of them going to gym and not calling one of them. But like i said, why not ask them if you can join them? Knowing them, they would definitely welcome you with open arms.

Left school and went down to HV to find the sisterhood. Did i mention i am the president? Hahahah because i self-elected myself!! =p Chilled and talked at NYDC for a bit before moving to Starbucks. Fell asleep at Starbucks so they persuaded me to go home, which i promptly did.

Anyways, the recent thoughts that came to my mind frequently circle around the point that being 22 years old, I could feel the "gap" with the 19 and 20 year olds. Notwithstanding the fact that people has labelled me as childish, I've often felt stumped by their ideologies and perception of things. No doubt this comparison isn't exactly a fair one(as I've learnt from stats), and that most/(all) of my participants are of a different gender, but i can still say i've learnt many things.

Girls seldom take the first step, despite the year being 2007. They are often more pessimistic than anything when it comes to hope, and they will play down their chances. Furthermore, they will brush off our persistent encouragement with weird reasons to explain why things won't work out.

To put it simply - Girl likes Boy. Period. Like. Period. Does anything? No. Maybe the appeal of having an eyecandy is too enticing. Maybe they all like Korean dramas-whose-actors-and-actresses-go-on-liking-each-other-forever-and-ever-but-never-seem-to-get-together.

Pardon me but i am not making fun of this. I am just amused and intrigued by things around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home