Sunday, October 10, 2010

等我 。。。

No time = Lack of entries. A few points I want to share ...

Work has became a huge part of my life. Been waking up at 6am in order to reach at 645 for me to “host some VIPs”, and to be honest, I may be a little burnt out. This weekend has been much appreciated.

For the friends who I see during weekdays, please endure and tolerate my crankiness and my lameness. =/ It's my outlet of release and my way to retain that bit of humour in myself. I apologise in advance =x

I have decided to extend my self-reflection journey. Primarily because I feel I need more time ... to find out and ask myself more questions.

等我。

-----------------

"They would also be puzzled and upset that I was happy to work serving coffee and finding such pleasure and friendship with people they would hardly notice. They would be surprised that Crystal and her Partners had become such good friends for me.

My mother and father would be very uncomfortable with what to them would have been a shocking truth: I was satisfied with my simple life. I could not live to make my parents happy anymore.

I could not deny the feeling of a growing happiness in my heart. This new, quiet, inner happiness kept catching me unawares in the midst of a rush of serving a big line at Starbucks. I also felt my happiness blossom in a kind of warmth in my heart in the nurturing silences and my lack of any real social life. No more fancy parties. I knew my parents would have wanted me to continue to join in with their view of a wonderful life in a perfect world lived at the highest reaches of the arts and society.

I no longer had the energy or the will for it.

Thanks to Crystal and Starbucks, I no longer needed it."
-Michael Gill

---------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home